The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard is the one of the most usable, portable and affordable in baby gear today. The portable product basically is a safe play area for adolescents. Apart from being versatile and lightweight, it’s build is perfect for the use case. It was built with one single purpose – giving your child a safe and comfortable play area when you’re outdoors. Setting up and taking down the playard is easy, with no additional parts, separate screws, etc. There a lot of features that make this product great.
The playard is ultra-light, which adds to the portability. The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard package contains a manual which explains the setup. Many customers were able to set it up in under 2 minutes and within a minute once they got used to the procedure.
Once it’s set up, we see that the metal frame has a sturdy build with a mesh that ensures visibility. The bottom is made with a water-resistant canvas that makes it great for outdoor and indoor use. For example, the playard would be completely dry even if we were to set it up on wet grass. The dimensions are 26″ X 48″ and offers 14 square feet of ample play space for the child.
It’s easy to carry and store the Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard at home or while travelling and that is indeed one of its greatest features. Surprisingly, the playard can be conveniently placed back into the travel bag which is slightly bigger than bags used to carry yoga mats.
The material is washable, with instructions from the manufacturer on using a mild detergent to wipe the playard clean. The product can be used in two ways – with or without the Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard Canopy. The canopy provides the child protection from harmful UV rays. It is compatible with the playard and can be set up and detached easily.
- Ultra-lightweight with sturdy metal frame.
- Mesh allows visibility and keeps the inside of the playard cool.
- Affordable compared to other products in this segment.
- Portable, with travel bag included.
- 6 sided shape measuring 14 square feet provides ample playing area.
- Easy to set up, no detachable parts which can get lost.
- Can be used for kids aged 6-24 months(36 inches tall).
- Could be dangerous for mobile infants who try to climb out, since mesh design is easily accessible.
- Mesh and canvas flooring may be susceptible to getting torn.
- Available in only one colour.
- Requires separate canopy to be bought for UV protection.
- Screws in the metal bars are facing inward and could potentially injure the child.
- Without cushioning, bars and flooring could be uncomfortable for the child.
The Summer Infant Pop N’ Play Portable Playard is definitely one of the best products in this segment scoring well on all fronts – portability, ease of setting up, sturdy build, water-resistance and offers more than sufficient space for adolescents to play inside and enjoy. There is enough room for you to get in with your child and play too! If you’re really considering using this outdoors, be sure to buy the Canopy. It’s also advisable to carry an extra set of cushioning for your child.